"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge its rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures." Proverbs 24:3

How to Bear Fruit Gracefully.

‎"In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace." Colossians 1:6

It's apple season here in the great Northwest. The apples on our trees appear silently, without strain or agitation. They slowly take form, grow, and ripen naturally, with the right conditions. It is a peaceful, quiet process. 

How often do I ball up my fists, grit my teeth, and determine that I WILL bear fruit? I've got it all wrong. Bearing fruit does not come from my own determination or effort. That's the whole point of grace! I am undeserving, unable, unmerited, unqualified. But, God gives to me abundantly still. His Spirit fills my deficiency. 

It's only when I rest in this true knowledge of God's grace that He is able to cause my weak limbs to flourish, bear fruit, and offer abundant nourishment to others. A true understanding of God's grace is the right condition that allows for the peaceful, abundant bearing of spiritual fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from GoodMorningGirls. Our group also just started this study and we are thoroughly enjoying it. I really appreciate your thoughts on bearing fruit peacefully, and being undeserving. It's totally not something we can somehow conjure up on our efforts, and it's a humble and beautiful thing when we realize it. God's grace is so amazing, and I know I don't even understand half of it all yet. Wow.
    Blessings. Grace For That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Barbers, Thanks for stopping by. Yes, God's grace is so amazing. We will spend a lifetime trying to grasp it's vastness! Blessing to you, Tennille

      Delete